Coping With Lung Cancer
Caring For Yourself
Being prepared for visits with your oncologist, and understanding the effects of your conditions, can help you take an active part in your cancer treatment.
- Lung Cancer Support Groups
- Lung Cancer Discussion Forum
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Your Treatment
- What to Bring to Healthcare Visits
- Coping With Lung Cancer Symptoms
- The Role of Spirituality in Lung Cancer Treatment
- Reasons to Quit Smoking After a Diagnosis of Lung Cancer
- Your Sexuality During Lung Cancer Treatment
- Traveling With Lung Cancer
Your emotional health is as important as your physical health when living with lung cancer. How can you take care of yourself emotionally during this time?
- Lung Cancer and Depression
- How to Handle Insensitive Remarks During Lung Cancer Treatment
- Coping With Guilt About Smoking in the Past
- Coping With Holiday Stress
- Coping Tips That May Improve Lung Cancer Survival
- 10 Things to Stop Doing if You Have Lung Cancer
- Benefits of Meditation
Coping With Side Effects of Treatment
Lung cancer treatment unfortunately causes side effects. Here are some of the common side effects and thoughts to help you cope with them as you go through treatment.
- Hair Loss
- Head Covers for Hair Loss
- Mouth Sores
- Taste Changes
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fingernail Changes
- Skin Changes
- What is Cancer Fatigue?
- Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelets)
- 12 Tips for Coping With Cancer Fatigue
- Prevention of Blood Clots (DVTs)
- Radiation Therapy Side Effects
- Neutropenia (Low White Blood Cell Count)
- Poor Appetite
- Sun Safety During Treatment
- Managing Pain From Lung Cancer
- Peripheral Neuropathy
We want to help our loved ones with cancer, but sometimes don't know what they need. Take a look at suggestions that have helped others with cancer, but don't forget to take care of yourself while you're caring for others, too.
- Tips for Supporting a Loved One With Cancer
- Caring for Yourself While Caring for a Loved One With Cancer
- The Stigma of Lung Cancer
- When a Parent Has Cancer - An Interview With Pro-Skateboarder Tony Hawk
- Helping a Teenage Child Cope When a Parent Has Cancer
- How Can You Cope with a Family Member Who Still Smokes?
- Tips for Smokers Who Have a Family Member with Lung Cancer
- What Can You Expect During the Final Stages of Lung Cancer?
End of Life Issues
Sadly, for many people with lung cancer it is important to look at end-of-life issues. What are your wishes? What are the wishes of your loved one?
People With Lung Cancer
We can read everything available on lung cancer, but sometimes the greatest help comes from hearing the stories of other lung cancer survivors.
- Dennis' Story - Getting Through a Day With Lung Cancer
- Anthony's Story - Questioning the Causes of Lung Cancer
- Dan's Story - Difficult Decisions - Choosing the Best Lung Cancer Treatment
- Famous People With Lung Cancer
- Blogs Written by People With Lung Cancer
Resources for sharing your questions and finding further information about lung cancer.
- Book Review - Be a Survivor - Lung Cancer Treatment Guide
- Lung Cancer Discussion Forum
- Lung Cancer Glossary
- Reader Submissions: What is Your Favorite Book For People With Lung Cancer?
- Free Stuff for People With Lung Cancer
Share Your Thoughts
There is nothing that compares to hearing stories from real people who are living with lung cancer, and those who care for them. Do you have tips to share? Is there something or someone who helped you in a special way? User answers are a great way to add your thoughts to our articles on About.com.