Are you concerned that smoking marijuana has affected your health in any way? Do you worry that smoking marijuana may cause problems such as lung cancer down the line? Have you shared these concerns with your doctor? Please share your story. Share Your Story
Educate Then Speculate
- If any of you or the person who wrote this article, were at all farmiliar with the EndoCannabinoid system within us ALL....then you would realize that Cannabinoids, despite ANY type of smoke, KILLs cancer cells by utilizing immune cells within your Immune system. This is not even with smoking or eating the plant. This is from the natural ENDO CANNABINOIDS that we all produce and the Cannabis plant is theclosest we have to our natural CANNABINOIDs....gotta wonder Y we naturally produce what is Illegal and considered the DEVIL'S WEED. so does thatmean we are all evil even from Birth?
- —Guest dvt800m
you druggies are idiots
- Are you guys serious? Any type of smoking can cause cancer! Did you know that heroine is used in hospitols to cure people? It dosn't make it good for you! I swear the world is felled with idiots who is trashing the earth good made for us with their stupid drug addictions! My grandfather died from lung cancer, and guess what? He ONLY smoke weed because druggies like yall told him it wouldn't effect him. Pff, proves how much yall know! Dumbies don't know a thing! Get a life other than drugs.
- —Guest Kelyn
Not Sure, But
- I am a successful, middle age business man with an MBA who went from zero to a net worth of about $6 Million. I ride my bike 4,000 miles per year, am a little over weight, married to the same woman for 30 years, and have a child attending a top notch university. I drink one or two glasses of wine or beer each night and smoke about 3/4 of a joint every day which i very much enjoy. Despite all these outward signs of success (not bragging, just giving info), I am not convinced that smoking pot is all that great for my lungs.............just saying. Don't want to give it up, but don't want to die young. What do you guys think?
- —Guest Dave B
Do you take job advice from a homeless?
- Then why would you believe someone who has never used it? Seriously, open your eyes and your mind.
- —Guest Jared
Time to be practical..
- Funny as you read all the arguments posted everyone has neglected to mention anything having to do with most beneficial and practical uses if cannabis were legalized. You can begin to name all the taxes that could be realized from the sale or the literally hundreds of billions of dollars that could be saved by our governments by no longer clogging up our court systems, jails and prisons. However all this doesn't even deserve to even be mentioned in the same paragraph with some of the true benefits that can come from legalizing the plant itself. Lets look at all the byproducts that can be made from a weed that is truly fascinating. It can be grown virtually anywhere in any climate, inside-outside and can be replenished in a matter of months. The list can go on and on but here are a few things (that anyone with any intelligence can see are benefits) all of our paper products can be made with hemp (deforestation), lubracating oils (oil industry relief) partial boards, rope etc........
- —Guest Hunter
Why Marijuana Should be Decriminalized
- Despite what some have said here, I am going to put my two cents in. My father and stepmother are both medical marijuana patients in Arizona. She has had thyroid cancer and has Crohn's as well. He is a Desert Storm veteran with PTSD and bad knees. It helps treat their ailments without causing any dependency issues or, like most pharmaceuticals we see on TV, leave you with diarrhea, suicidal thoughts, internal bleeding, nausea, or whatever else.
There are other ways to consume marijuana other than by smoking it, which does cause some damage to your lungs and is the reason smoking weed kills brain cells - you are depriving your brain of oxygen.
Marijuana is not dangerous or harmful but it does affect everyone differently. I believe it should be legal for medical treatment AND recreational use, as cigarettes and alcohol will never be illegal - neither should marijuana.
End the cartels (which our gov't perpetuates), tax marijuana like alcohol or cigs, stop jailing non-violent users
- —Guest Tokelahoma
Zul is a *head
- I don't understand it but why do people instantly picture a stoner as a lazy piece of s. I work and go to college, and I always keep those my top priorities. All while keeping a ton of relationships. Zul...what you say makes you wrong and therefore IGNORANT on the subject of marijuana.
- —Guest Robbie
- U people don't know what the hell u are talking about! Have u read this months JAMA? Obviously not; get educated and smoke weed!!! Editor's note: I do not recommend smoking weed.
- —Guest The Man
Agreement with zul
- Zul I completely agree with your first statement. Most of the people bitching are all the pot heads that want to justify their wrong doings. They claim its biased info, then give links to other articles. So pot heads, what makes your articles or links any less bias? Besides from what I can see only 2 of 6 of you actually try to support your arguments by backing them from any from of a source. Since when are the other 4 of you PHD's or MD's who have actually studied this? Pot heads have no reason to bitch anyway, since its practicly not even a crime anymore, and more than that this is just trying to encourage people to not mess up their bodys. I only agree with pot heads on one thing, if pot is illegal for causing cancer and tar the same way ciggarettes and tobacco do, then so should tobacco and cigarettes.
- —Guest doublesunpower
@Personal Experience Says Otherwise
- Do you have any evidence that suggests that its making it better, or rather making you feel it less?
If your being stabbed in the stomach, will drinking alcohol to forget its occurring, as well as no longer feel the pain mean indicate that it's getting "better"? (the stabbing ceases as well as puncture wounds heal. You didn't liberate as to why you think its making it better, so as per the moment sounds like your just talking out of your a**.
- —Guest Zul
Personal Experience Says Otherwise
- I use marijuana to treat Crohn's Disease. Crohn's Disease is an immune system that is a dysfunction of the immune system which causes inflammation in the digestive tract and marijuana works wonders. How can marijuana improve my condition if it causes the problems associated with my disease!?!?
- —Guest Guest
Pissed Off Druggies
- Wow, look at all the pissed off druggies. You give them something negative about their precises fix and they go ape. How pathetic. Any sort of smoke causes inflammation to the lung tissue, this is common sense. Any sort of substance abuse is nothing more than escapism, you wanna "get high"? Try having a conversation with someone that you'll actually remember.
- —Guest Zul
- Want a link? Heres one for ya. I know George Soros and others don't want you to find this. :). http://www.ukcia.org/research/ComparisonOfSmoke.pdf
- —Guest Naysayer
- This article does not fall in lin with any of the real facts about marijuana. It is without a doubt one of the most medicinal plants available on earth.
How absurd to label is cancer causing. It is in fact the complete opposite.
- —Guest Jeremy
Lets Ban Tylenol
- That has numbers that it kills every year. This can cause harm when taken correctly if taken for long periods of time. It can be abused and you can OD on it. So why not make Tylenol illegal it kills more then Marijuana/year?
- —Guest Datrebor